Optimizing referral program through A/B testing
RhinoShield is an international cell phone case retailer that works to find innovative new technologies to create high-quality products that protect your cell phones
Soko Glam wanted to boost customer acquisition and sales, improve internal A/B testing and optimization capabilities and increase visibility into referral program performance. Their former solution lacked functionality for Soko Glam to independently run and analyze meaningful A/B tests.
Talkable's Reporting Suite exposes customer conversion rates throughout the funnel to identify and A/B test underperforming share channels, copy, creative, placements, and user flow.
Boost Email Performance
Email open and click-through rates were below industry benchmarks when compared to other Talkable clients within the beauty vertical.
- Replaced email sender field with the name of the Advocate and re-formatted HTML-heavy emails
- Improved open and click-through rates increased customer acquisition from email sharing by 10%
Optimize Screen Layout
Advocates could share via several different channels. Twitter shares converted at <1%.
- Implemented A/B test on specific referral pages to feature only best performing share channels-Email, Facebook, and Direct link to increase Friend click-through rate
- The variant without Twitter had better overall conversion and generated 15% more purchases
Improve Overall Conversion
Only 14% of referred friends made a purchase within the first 24 hours of visiting the site.
- Tested gleam: persistent banner on site reminding any returning referred friend of her offer
- Referred friend purchase rate increased by 34%
The flexibility that Talkable offers
is unparalleled by other vendors. You can tinker with almost every aspect of the program and test and analyze every aspect of your campaigns. I haven’t seen any other referral vendor that can offer the level of flexibility that Talkable has